Monday, November 30, 2015

HVAC completed

My doctor released me for some light work, so I was able to get the HVAC ducting and plenums finished up over the long weekend. I think it came out looking really nice.

I designed the intake plenum to accept two 24"x24"x22" (61cmx61cmx56cm) paint booth filters. These filters are rated at MERV15 and will remove nearly ALL the particulates from the air. I also have some 2" (50mm) pre-filter material ordered that should be delivered in a few days. The pre-filter material will be cut to size and sit in front of the main filters to remove some of the larger particulates. This will keep the main filters cleaner to provide longer filter replacement intervals.

As for the horizontal ducting, I chose to install fabric ducting for several reasons including fast installation and lower costs, but probably the biggest reason was the fear of receiving gashes on the top of my head from traditional metal ducting as I walk along the top of deck one day.

Just the thought of it makes me wince.

Setting the supply plenum in place and level.

The supply plenum has curved vanes installed to direct the air flow up.

Square to round adapter piece

Spiral vertical ducting to attach to fabric elbow
Intake plenum in place before securing

One of Two filters to be installed

Lower filter in place


Both filters installed and sealed.
The filters are recessed 2" (50mm) into the plenum to allow space for the Pre-Filter installation

All secured and taped up



Fabric ducting hung - ready to turn the blower on for a test run

Blower fan is set to ON for ducting check 

Inflated fabric ducting

End Cap termination provides the correct length


No comments:

Post a Comment