Thursday, June 11, 2015

Cement Surface Grinding

This building project is taking forever, but the weather is really NOT helping.
It was recently reported that May 2015 was the wettest month in USA history!

I didn't think we got a crazy amount of rain or anything, it just seemed to always be coming at the wrong times. Anyway, I checked the forecast early this week and found a mid-week window before another five days of rain is predicted. So I took the day off yesterday to rent a cement grinder to get the slab surface cleaned up a little bit.

I got started at 0830hrs and ran that thing for just over twelve straight hours. My back and legs were so sore!! However, the result is a MUCH better surface.

Now it looks like the town handyman did it instead of the town drunk. Still a long shot from a professional job, but I didn't have to pay a professional fee either. At any rate, the smoother surface will make sweeping up a lot easier in the long run.

Next step is to get a concrete saw so I can cut out the bowed sections on the first pour and clean up some other smaller sections of waviness.

Then I need to measure, drill and set the foundation bolts.
After that, things should finally start to move along at a better pace.









No comments:

Post a Comment