Monday, June 22, 2015

Weekend Stone Sculpter

This past weekend was really nice. I was able to spend the six or so hours required to cut and clean up the bowed ends of the first pour. I rented an electric saw with a diamond blade for the job. it did a good job, but was slow and kept popping the 20Amp breaker if I pushed it too hard. The saw was able to cut a maximum 4" (100mm) deep, which forced me to clean up the last 1.5" (38mm) with a small diamond grinder, chisel and hammer.

I'll clean up the pieces of foam and glue those back to the slab before protecting with some aluminum fascia and back filling the trenches. When this is all done, you won't be able to see anything but the straight lines.

I also got to measure and drill the foundation bolt holes. Hoping to get that done next weekend when the weather is forecast to clear up for a couple days.







No comments:

Post a Comment