Monday, June 29, 2015

A couple of easy jobs

Over the weekend, our basement flooded for the second time this year. The good news is that it is not finished and is only used for storage. So, no damage besides losing the water heater for 12 hours or so while waiting for the sump pump to catch up. I really need to install a second pump to assist when the incoming water exceeds the main pump capacity and I also need to raise the height of the water heater to prevent it from going out. But at the moment, it's not a priority.

Anyway, since the basement floor was wet and I had nothing better to do I thought it would be a great time to open up the power panel and tie in the power supply to the shed. That was a bit nerve wracking, but everything worked out and I now have 125Amps available to the shed.

I also tied in the water supply which was SUPER EASY thanks to those "SharkBite" or "Push To Connect" type fittings. If you've never used them before, I highly recommend them! It took no more than 5 minutes to install four fittings (Two valves & Two "T" fittings).

Next on the list is tying in the gas line supply for the furnace.

No comments:

Post a Comment