Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Rake Trim, Gutters and Corner Trim

Labor Day. I honestly can't remember one that didn't involve an entire day of just that...
Regardless, it always ends up being a good day to get work done. In this case, I spent the entire day getting the trim pieces done.

I got the gutters and downspouts installed on the West side before realizing they need to be removed and cut shorter to suit the final grade. I cut the downspout drain holes on the East side, but didn't get around to installing the downspouts there.

I ordered the insulated garage door from a local Overhead door company, they should be out today for measurements, then it'll take about three weeks to arrive for installation. I opted for them to do the install, I've got an apartment that needs a turnover when I return from vacation.

And finally, it rained yesterday while I was at work and I returned to find that I have a leak in the building. Fortunately, it happens to be somewhere along one of main frames that does not yet have the vapor barrier sealed up. I checked for wet insulation along the roof, but it appeared dry. I did find some wet insulation half-way down the West wall. I dried everything up the best I could and then placed paper towels along the roof frame and in different locations to see if I can pick up where the leak is starting. I think it's originating near the eve/gutter area, but I'll have to wait until I return to start digging into that one - pending the next rain storm of course.

North Side Rake and Corner Trim. Gutters being installed on West Side

East Side - Final Gutter installed. No downspouts yet

West side gutters staged for installation

No comments:

Post a Comment