Thursday, September 3, 2015

Second and Final Roof bays done at last

Yesterday we got the second (middle) bay done and today we completed the final (North) bay.
What a relief to drive that last screw in, sweep off the roof and make the final checks before coming down and taking a shower!

I still have trim, rake, gutters and downspouts to do, but that can wait for the weekend.
My main concern was getting it to a point where I was no longer worried about the constant threat of rain. Soggy insulation is not anything you want to mess around with...

Anyway, some pics from the last two days:
Looking up at the vapor barrier before insulation is laid on top

Insulation in place on first bay

Second bay done

Another shot of the middle bay. I chose the height to allow me to walk on top of the boat without banging my head. I also chose a 12'x12' (3.65m x 3.65m) main door to serve as a great selling point later on as this shed will be able to easily accommodate a motor home

Middle bay almost done

Middle bay completed

First layer of (R-19) insulation

First layer of (R-19) insulation

Second layer of (R-11) insulation

Ready for sheeting on the final bay

All three bays are now roofed! The open areas of vapor barrier will be sealed up later.


Just one more panel!

And now it can rain...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment