Thursday, October 22, 2015

A/C OK - Hydronic coming along

Last week we had frost on the ground, yesterday it was warm enough to run the Air Conditioner through a start cycle to make sure everything was in order. So far, so good - the compressor switched on, I could hear the freon running through the system and then came the fan and resulting cold air. No sparks, no smoke - all good!

After shutting that down for the season I got busy assembling the Hydronic heater so I could measure off the supply and return lines. I needed those measurements to route and secure the lines in the bathroom wall. The assembly is progressing well enough that I don't see any reason why it won't be up and running by the end of this coming weekend.

Tonight after work, I'll get a list of materials and supplies to do the rough plumbing for the sink and get the drain in place so that I can install the plywood wall behind the sink. That needs to go on before I can attach the mounting base for the Hydronic Heater.
The ridiculous number of parts needed to get the vent ready for installation

All together now (upside down)

Hydronic heater with vent, expansion tank, circulation pump and supply/return lines installed for measuring The green board there is the top of the mounting base for the system.

Punched through the bathroom wall awaiting the heater connections

Working on the bathroom walls with leftover lumber from the cement forms

Installed a chase for the plumbing drain to the sink


No comments:

Post a Comment