Thursday, October 15, 2015

HVAC Supply and Return installed

After work I set up my laser and used it to mark the sections for the HVAC supply and return ducting. I was a bit concerned about cutting into the vertical beam inside the building so I took my time and measured everything several times and then drilled a pilot hole to confirm the markings.

Once that was all done, I used a 4" (100mm) grinder with a thin disk metal cutting blade to zip through the metal. After that, I cut and installed some left over sheet metal angle to serve as a drip edge before pushing the ducting pieces through the holes and attaching them to the HVAC unit.

The cut edges turned out really accurate and left a 1/8" (3mm) gap all the way around the ducting which was really easy to seal up with some flashing caulk.

After that was done, I sealed up the edges with caulk and aluminum tape.

Marked sections of metal to be removed

One section removed

Inside view - supply and return straddles the vertical beam



Just about ready to be attached to the HVAC unit


All taped and caulked

All taped and caulked



No comments:

Post a Comment